[T3] 73 type 3 runner hose and intake gasket replacement?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed May 8 06:39:18 PDT 2019

On 7 May 2019 at 20:55, William Jahn wrote:

>  I forgot to ask , the seal for the IAD temp sensor , I can't find a seal
> specific to T-3 yet same decade Porsche T-4 engines had one. I am not sure
> if mine ever had one yet I know I sealed it either with gasket material or
> something didn't want a vacuum leak.

There was a special paper seal that's hard to find. It's very similar to the one
for the oil filler/dipstick tube. Best to reuse the old one if you have one, or
make a new one. A poor seal there won't make a vacuum leak, just an oil
leak. There's no oil pressure under there, just oil splash.

I've heard that some AT cases don't have the center hole thru to the inside
of the case, but I've never seen a case without it. Either way, a gasket for an
AT engine would be easy to make, since it would not need the center hole.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org