[T3] Got the runner boots and fuel line and intake gaskets done yet .

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat May 25 05:14:37 PDT 2019

On 24 May 2019 at 18:41, William Jahn wrote:

>  I've never done this before in my life and now wonder if running it like
> this for 15 minutes could have done any damage.

I doubt if you hurt anything. A backfire may be noisy, but it probably puts
much less stress on the engine than normal running. What it CAN damage is
the exhaust system, which isn't built to withstand the combustion happening
there rather than between the head and the piston. OTOH, if it managed to
pop something loose in the exhaust system, you'd know that right away, from
the noise you would now be getting.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org