[T3] Dist trigger points?

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 15:32:20 PDT 2022

I'm not asking for any trade secrets, or to take business  my way. All I
need to know is if it's ok to use the felt inside the body above the drive
dog. I did the AH . I didn't have any way to clean the dist after I took it
apart so I just used a toothbrush and dish soap and dried it out with paper
towels then blew it out and let it dry. I tried to get that felt out but
could not, thought if I tried to dig it out it would be ruined.  I imagine
there is at least some crud behind it . I know one can get these. I imagine
the crud would be brought in from dirty old oil through the slot and hole
near the drive dog.  I do know the original engine looked like the oil was
never changed. I tried the best I could to clean that felt using an
electronic cleaner after the dish soap.