[T3] 73 auto trans type 3 ARR ?

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Sun Jun 11 18:37:01 PDT 2023

If it pings with stock timing and cam, your CR is too high.
I was never able to run less than 89 on my stock engine, and that was with stepped heads.
The vacuum can is there to advance timing under light load for better gas mileage, under heavy loads
Where it pings, the can has no effect.

Keith

Topnotch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com