[T3] Oil change

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Mon May 6 11:09:09 PDT 2024

Clearly there are many ways to skin that cat, but there are two important
things to keep in mind.
*My father's advice when I began driving my own car 72 years ago:*
*"Change your engine oil & filter as recommended & check & keep the tire
pressure at the proper inflation level and you'll solve 95% of your
problems".*

The first is about the lack of ZDDP in modern engine oils. While I was
skeptical about this at first, I'm now convinced that the problem is REAL
*What changed your mind?*.

If you care about your engine, you need to either use a special oil or add
an additive.
*Agreed.*

The second is that you need to be careful about torquing the nuts.
*It's a "feel thing".  Some people have it; some don't.*

*Several years ago I "stripped out" one of the 6 studs in the engine
oil/drain plate, sump case.  Drilled out and re-tapped the **hole** for an
8mm/6mm (?) stud so for all appearances & function, all of the nuts look
the same and are interchangeable.*

*Jim ... Why do you reuse the old gaskets rather than new, if they're not
damaged?*