[T3] Arc's sparks and missing the mark's

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 22:17:46 PDT 2019

Keith:
I know very little about the Mark 10. Is the coil itself perhaps the issue
maybe it can't handle the Voltage the Mark 10 provides if that's how it
works by boosting the coil voltage. All I know is that system is supposed
prevent the points from arcing assuming you still use points, if I recall
you do.

 The only thing that comes to mind if it's easy enough to do is disconnect
the Mark 10 and see what the out come of that is, just to rule it out. If I
recall the Mark 10 is supposed to saturate the coil faster something like
that. Not much help since I really have no idea.

 On my type 3 stock engine and old wiring hosed it down after it was hit by
a fire extinguisher because a shop rag fell on the stock muffler right heat
shield it started right up. I don't have boots over more than 2 injectors
yet once in a while I get a misfire after driving when I come to a stop
then it clears did this a few times even before I did all the work last
month.