[T3] Since I replaced the runner boots and all vacuum lines noticed

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 09:10:18 PDT 2019

 I know once at idle the enrichment is out of the picture simply because of
the forked switch the design of the TPS. It's also out of the picture any
time you let off the gas since once you do the forked switch breaks the
connection to all functions of the enrichment while cruising the forked
switch on the enrichment and why if there are worn spots you get bucking.
The trigger points are what send the RPM signal to the ECU. I thought the
idle pad on the TPS was mainly a function of a signal sent to the ECU
similar to what Porsche used when they had knob on the ECU to adjust or
fine tune the idle richness. I can see how it cuts off the injectors just
not how it does so at specific RPM ranges. I'm not asking anyone to offer
me a course on how D-Jet works just trying to make sense to answers to
questions I've asked.

 I realize the Auto trans load is going to drop the engine RPM it's a load
and nothing like modern FI systems where that load is compensated for you
might see the drop for a second. Or like some older cars with a throttle
kicker . Before I did all this work the RPM drop was not so drastic . All
the Bentley states is what an auto trans engine RPM should be not how to
actually set it , simple on a standard trans. I set mine @1000 warmed up
and AAR closed in my case plugged since I can't trust it's fully closed I
guess all I can do is lower the idle to 900 or a bit more it was not so
drastic before when set lower.