[T3] Since I replaced the runner boots and all vacuum lines noticed

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 19:11:08 PDT 2019

I need to check one more thing the HTS . When I had the plug wires crossed
and had the engine  running for at least 15 minutes maybe more trying to
figure out what was causing this I unplugged the HTS head temp sensor and
recall it reading over 1,000 Ohm. I just want to make certain after I drive
it next time I check it again. I get really lousy MPG and since all my
driving is street stop and go I don't expect much. Thinking about this if
having the IAD temp sensor unplugged it idles better and from what I've
read doing this offers 5 to 10% enrichment I would think it's to lean or
border line . The head temp sensor has more of an overall affect on the
richness across the board. The other issue with the higher idle is this car
has always had a vibration and only when at a stop in drive I can hear the
right door window rattle and can feel it through the entire car. The higher
idle just makes it worse. I do have much newer rear mounts I intend to
change just to see if that is the cause and a newer auto trans mount .
Their not new yet probably newer than the ones on my car. I only recall a
few times it did not do this years ago when we had a long rainy season I
just don't see how dampness would affect rubber mounts. It's been damp here
and has rained and that made no difference at all. Rebuilding the engine
and trans didn't change the vibration one bit. When I got this car it used
to bang when the auto trans shifted gears I check it out long ago and found
the trans mount studs didn't have any nuts or washers on them and fixed
that and fixed the banging yet I had to change the trans 2 studs since they
were half worn through and added washers to at least center the studs in
the mount since the holes were enlarged. The trans mount steel and rubber
are not cracked or broken it's just the 2 holes are worn simply because
some fool at some point had the drive train out. I'm sure the rubber pads
that secure the rear sub frame are as hard as a rock yet the bolts are
tight. I imagine most people who own these older cars have the original sub
frame mounts and even engine and trans mounts.