[T3] Since I replaced the runner boots and all vacuum lines noticed

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 16:48:14 PDT 2019

I did check the HTS and it went from 2.272K ohm to 77.5 ohm @ 85*  F
ambient temp before start up . I also watched  the RPM it was 900 RPM @
start up took 2 minutes to reach 1300. I checked the AAR and it was open so
I just tapped the side of the actual valve with a wrench and it closed RPM
was 1000 in park and dropped to 850 in reverse the engine didn't die. I
guess I need to try to soak the AAR in something up side down maybe carb
cleaner spray and let it sit or acetone. As far as I know in order to use
an AAR for the manual trans model it just fits right into the case with a
gasket, pretty sure it does.  I had 2 of them yet the one that came on my
car had a short in the lead and the one off the 72 which I used didn't have
a connector I just soldered the lead and had shrink wrap over that . I
guess I could rob one from under the rear seat and I'm not even sure what
they do , there are a few of them with a black wire same gauge as the AAR ,